University of Connecticut University of UC Title Fallback Connecticut

Student Employment 

Recently hired for an on-campus job?  Congratulations!  Before you can start working you need to complete some paperwork.

Employment Eligibility Verification Form/I-9

When students are newly hired on campus, they must fill out a document called the Employment Eligibility Verification Form, or more commonly known as the I-9.  This form verifies that the student is allowed to work in the United States and must be completed before you start working.  In order to complete the I-9 you will need you to bring two forms of identification to the department of which you've been hired.  Keep in mind you will not be able to start your job until you've fully completed this form. 

Common forms of identification are: 

  • Passport
  • Social Security Card
  • Original Birth Certificate
  • Drivers License


Direct Deposit

While it is not mandatory, staff at the iCenter can provide you with a Direct Deposit Form so your pay is deposited automatically into the bank account of your choosing. Why complete this form?  By filling out a Direct Deposit form, your pay is automatically deposited into your checking or savings account, a convenience most students really appreciate.  Once you've completed the form you'll take it  Payroll Department in the John J. Budds Building.  Not sure where the Budds Building is located?   Don't worry!  We can help guide you there
For more information contact Student Employment: